Sunday, October 12, 2008

Tears Through The Reflection

I was on my way home in office bus. Everyone likes to sit alone in a two seat, ok may be not everyone, but I like to sit alone. That day, 7 pm bus was quite empty and I was sure none will sit beside me. But, this girl whom I am going to talk about came straight to me and sat beside me! There where many other empty seats but this girl had to choose seat beside me! Anyways I was with my ipod, enjoying my favourite songs.

This girl took out her mobile and started messaging, believe me I felt as though she was typing out a huge mail. I had to notice this because of the rage with which she was involved in her messaging. Gosh, I did pity the recipient. Later some time, I realised she was too disturbed and I started manipulating the reason, and off course the first few things that struck me was: may be some thing at office and she was cribbing about it to someone or should be her boy friend or some fight or some bad news… one by one many reasons stepped in and stepped out. I had’t seen her face yet, I did’t want her to notice me noticing her :D so I did’t make any attempt in seeing her face.

There were some replies coming in but the amt of messages she sent where too many and too huge. I realised that I should really mind my business and I turned left and starred outside. I saw her face in the window pane reflection. With low lit bus, I could get a glimpse of her eyes. She sure had beautiful eyes. I was starring only to realise after few seconds that they were filled with tears which was just about to roll down :(

I was shocked, I did’t know what to do. I wanted to ask her so badly, if there is anything that I could do. I looked around to find few more eyes starring at me, I was like “hey I did’t do anything, I don’t even know her”!!

Now I wanted to slap that person who had brought her to this state. But may be she was repenting something, I could't not be sure..

It is really painful to see a person sitting beside you cry, and you cant do anything about it. She tried her best to hide it out, she did’t have kerchief. She had to use her dupatta. She closed her face too. I got tensed and completely turned to my left and closed my eyes. But I could not sit idle; I opened my eyes every now and then to see what she was doing and if others have stopped starring..

Her messaging did’t stop, now she was with tears and typing. Her tears grew with each reply. Was the recipient trying to console her or ruin her state?

I wonder if the recipient realised she was terribly disturbed and crying. She cant type out, “I am crying.. “. Textual conversations can be so misleading, you can send a :) even when you are angry, sad or other the way. It hides/ fakes the actual.

That was it. I was so badly waiting for my stop to come. Damn traffic made my wait longer!

Suddenly, she placed her mobile in her bag and was trying to calm herself. I was happy to see her do this and I was relieved. I will not be seeing her cry. She somehow consoled herself.  I thought how emotional a girl can get, she was crying in the bus with colleagues around who were all starring at her!

Stop came and we got down...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

anu, i liked the way u express u r thoughts adding a bit of imagination ...bit by black mamba, violet coloured frock, tears through reflection..i liked ur second post amoung all....i did wrote a blog..now after reading u r blog i do feel to start blogging :)

vamsy....

Anups said...

@vamsy : thanks buddy, do write and send the link to me :)

Protege said...

thats a very candid reflection of your thoughts - i could feel as if I was sitting next to the girl with "beautiful eyes". However since I got so involved in this - I would really like to know how could you stop yourself in not trying to really find out wht was wrong with her.. I mean yeah we face this moral dilemma of managing our own business (they call it being professional! ) but its so hard if someone sitting next to u is in pain - I am not sure what I would have done - but hope that girl is feeling better now!

Anups said...

hey Giri, Thanks ! I was pretty tensed and could't open up ! well i know now that she s doing great !! :D

Ekta Grover said...

Anu,

Sure you are authentic, but here's a point.
Aa a writer and as an observer,what are you trying to convey.As a writer,the point should come out subtly,but strongly.

Sure I feel for the girl,I have been in that situation my selves,but the writer feels sorry, agonized, escaping and unjust at the same time, which is a plethora of emotions. Sure at times,we do get confused,and what to help people and I am sure your intention was good. But as a writer ,you need to lay the point clear,may be towards the close.
The point emerges as having just escaped, which I m sure, you wouldn't have felt, coz otherwise, you wouldn't have written it.

Looking forward to more remarkable blogs, Girl

~
ek

Sijo Kuruvilla George said...

Just a chance reader of your blog.. But guess I will have to quite agree with Ekta here. Very poignant in your narration nonetheless. Keep writing.. :-)

Anonymous said...

I liked it. An observation with the the embellishment only a writer can provide. Your blog's got a new fan! =]